What was the longest minute in your life?

     I was pursuing second year of Act,  Count, and See that time. One day, it was 11 am, I saw a notice from the gc written: "Today at 12:00pm, we will release the lists of Class 2020 Qualifiers. Then, from that moment, I was so excited as soon to be part of my dream school. I did all the compliances that the admission office is requiring. At 11:30am, going down through the old stairs of de Mazenod, I went out from the class and sat in the nearby piso net to check my name. I opened my email and started looking at the screen. At 11:58 am, my heart started beating rapidly as if there was a red  horse in my heart trying hard to come out of it. Suddenly, the time got slowed down, l noticed every thing happening in too slow motion.I pushed everything aside and just stared at the clock. 
11:59 AM
11:59 AM 
11:59 AM
11:59 AM 
11:59 AM 
and 12:00PM. The awaited time has arrived! I started again searching the link for results in the site .But later, I came to know, the list hasn't yet released. After that, website wasn't working. Maybe because of internet traffic. It was already 1:00PM. Nothing happened. Nothing. No email. I must have been deferred. Or maybe they were just late. Too late for comfort. Yeah .My name was not belong on the list. Alright, I thought. I can handle being failed. Yeah, no problem. I would have to move on. No regrets. I'll be fine. Then tears came out.

Comments