Overthinking is Over!

        Back in October, my hair had started falling out and I had no idea how that happened. I wasn't even curious on  why it had happened back then. My mentor told me it was because of stress. In the following weeks, I saw a tiny bald spot at the back of my head.  Some of my friends started to notice the patches and ask about it. At first, I lied and said that the barber had just cut it wrong. The truth was, I instructed the barber to do a very good job of cutting my hair to try to hide it, but patchiness was getting worse and I couldn't use that excuse for much longer. I did not know something called Alopecia existed.  So I googled about it and saw many stupid things ranging from symptoms of early stages of cancer to which I did not believe. I ignored that spot and thought it would get better over the course of time. 
        After a month or so, I saw another spot on my head and by then, the first spot had become bigger considerably.  I decided to go to the hospital and they gave me steriod injection shots in my head. It was so painful at first. I waited for almost a week or two but there was no sign of hair growth. (I felt so devastated.  I had lost my confidence and had no hopes.)  I decided to go back to my home country during the  winter vacation despite of travel restrictions believing that if medication cannot  heal me, maybe new environment can do.  Going back here was never meant to be easy. It had even cancelled my long-term visa because no re- entry permit was issued due to the worsening pandemic situation in our country.  
       Home quarantining was not bad because I preferred to stay home rather than going outside where hoi polloi could see my condition.  I met selected people only that are close to my heart.
        I have found out that Alopecia is just a condition, not a disease.  It will not kill you, it will not make you feel ill, it will not rob you of your energy. However, it can, if you let it, rob you of your confidence and self esteem, Looking in the mirror day after day with  hair falling can be depressing, and  depression can be dangerous. This is what Alopecia  poses  to our own mental and emotional well-being.  For someone who has suffered the same condition, it can be a very frustrating time.  Physiologically, underlying triggers such as stress can cause outbreaks' where the immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles releasing histamines which cut off the follicle causing the hair to fall out. 
       It is now the middle of January and there has no been any new growth yet, they told me it would start growing back after three months. Hopefully, In Jesus' name.❤️ (developing story)



Comments

  1. Stay strong po, we'll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon kuya royroy❣️����

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay Strong Kuya Roy! Get well soon๐Ÿ’ช

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyway, it will not kill you. Confidence is. But nah kaya mo yan! ajaaa! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment